The following article is going to provide with some detailed information about how to package your pictures / posts and avoid damage during transport.
- Before you can start the packaging process, you should have the following materials at hand:
- Packing tape
- 2x polystyrene boards (2cm thick, per picture) or 2x hardboards
- Tissue or specialist wrapping paper
- Bubble wrap/air cushion foil
- Postal tube
1. Canvases and Picture Frames
- Place the canvas/picture frame on the polystyrene board and circumvent the outline with a pen. Alternatively, you can use hardboards.
- Cut out the stencil.
- Take the packaging tape and attach the polystyrene board to the back of your canvas / picture frame.
- Wrap everything in bubble wrap/cushion foil.
- Now, take the canvas/picture frame and place it in a cardboard sleeve/tape it shut with cardboard.
- Important: Avoid creating vacuums inside the parcel, so that your contents does not move around or get damaged in transit.
2. Prints / Posters
- In this case, you may also use bubble wrap or a padded envelop.
- Label the front of the parcel with the following notice: “Please do not bend. / Bitte nicht knicken.”
- You may use postal tubes which are particularly handy when sending small to medium-sized prints and images (A6 to A3). Be careful when rolling your print and avoid bending the corners.
- Please be advised that we are unable to cover for any loss or damage to your pictures / prints / posters / canvases. For this reason, please check that your pictures are securely packaged.
- If you send your pictures without cardboard, you will be billed an additional surcharge of EUR 8,- plus VAT.
Use our free quotation tool to generate your non-obligation quote.
Are you a new customer? Have a look at our customer feedback section and see what others have said about us.