Transglobal Express offers insurance free of charge for shipments up to a value of €50. We also offer additional cover which protects your goods during shipment for up to a maximum value of €2500. If you are sending items of great value or importance to you, we strongly recommend that you take out additional insurance.
The information below outlines the terms and conditions of our insurance policy. Please take care to read the policy in full.
Insurance Terms & Conditions
Our insurance terms and conditions cover the below points:
- What cover will my consignment have?
- How is the cost of my premium calculated?
- What items cannot be insured?
- How do I purchase insurance?
- How do I make a claim?
1. What cover will my consignment have?
Our cover protects you against loss or damage of your consignment in transit, up to the maximum value declared in your policy, provided that you satisfy the conditions of making a claim.
In the event of partial loss or damage, the settlement figure will be calculated as a proportion of the total declared value.
Our insurance does not give cover for losses incurred by delay.
Please note: In respect of loss or damage we do not cover for indirect or consequential loss such as (but not limited to) loss of profit or loss of market.
Tip: Before sending your shipment, take photos of the shipment and its packaging. These photos can be used as evidence and speed up the claims process in the event of damage.
2. How is the cost of my premium calculated?
All consignments are covered free of charge for loss or damage for up to a maximum of €50 per consignment (not per box).
For consignments worth €50-250, the minimum premium of €5 applies.
The maximum value of cover we provide is €2500 per consignment.
For consignments worth €250-€2500, the premium is calculated at 2% of the declared value of your consignment. Feel free to use our Insurance Calculator.
|Declared Replacement Value
The declared value is not displayed on the air waybill and, where applicable, should not affect the declared value for customs.
Please note: insurance cover is only refundable up until the shipment has been collected.
3. What items cannot be insured?
Your cover will not be valid if you are sending anything featured on our "Dangerous, Hazardous and Prohibited" list, or our "No Compensation" list (see below). No Compensation goods are items that can be sent but that we cannot cover against loss and/or damage.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your goods can be insured and shipped. Please contact our team if you are unsure.
4. How do I purchase insurance?
Our insurance is available for purchase during the booking process.
You will be asked to enter the amount you wish to insure your shipment for. The cost will be calculated, and you can add this to your order before proceeding.
5. How do I make a claim?
Claims relating to damage or loss can be made by emailing Sales@transglobalexpress.de or by calling us on 069 9050 6780 (Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm) in the first instance.
- Claims must be made directly to Transglobal Express GmbH. Any attempt to claim with the carrier directly will invalidate your claim with us.
- A claim can only be made by the person or company contracted with Transglobal Express; that is, the account holder, not the receiver.
- A claim for lost or damaged goods will be rejected if the items claimed for are missing from the original valued customs invoice, or if the items claimed for are on our list of "Dangerous, Hazardous and Prohibited", or "No Compensation" items.
For damaged goods
For DHL, you must contact us to make a claim within 30 days of the collection date.
For UPS, you must contact us within 14 days of the delivery date for international orders and within 7 days for domestic orders.
For TNT, you must contact us within 14 days of the delivery date for express shipments and within 7 days for economy and domestic shipments.
For DPD, you must contact us within 7 days of the delivery date.
Both the damaged item(s) and packaging must be kept for inspection and not moved. The items must not be tampered with or repaired prior to inspection. In order to pursue your claim, we will need the following:
- A photograph of the damaged item(s) along with the packaging.
- Evidence that your consignment was suitably packaged - please see our packaging guidelines for advice on what constitutes appropriate packaging. We advise you to take photographs of the packaging of your parcel before it is sent, but photographs from the receiver once the parcel has been delivered will also be considered.
- A copy of the delivery note signed "damaged" or "unchecked". (Please note that we will reject any claim where the goods have been signed for "In Good Condition".)
- Proof of value for the entire consignment (receipt or purchase invoice). Please note that this must represent the cost and not the sales (retail) price. Only the replacement value or repair cost of the goods will be paid.
- A quote for repairs or an invoice/receipt for replacement parts, if applicable.
In the event of a full settlement for damaged goods, the goods become the property of Transglobal Express and we reserve the right to retrieve them.
For lost goods
A claim can only be undertaken once the Carrier has declared the goods to be "lost".
For UPS, you must contact us within 30 days of the date of expected delivery.
For TNT, you must contact us within 30 days of the delivery date.
For DHL, you must contact us within 30 days of the collection date.
We strongly advise that you contact us as soon as possible, and preferably within 7 days of the scheduled delivery date even if the permitted timeframe is longer.
In order to pursue your claim, we will need the following:
- A copy of the air waybill or consignment note, signed by the driver on collection of your goods
- Proof of value for the entire consignment (receipt or purchase invoice). Please note that this must represent the cost and not your sales (retail) price. Only the replacement value or repair cost of the goods will be paid.
We aim to process all claims as quickly as possible. Once we have received all relevant documentation and evidence, we endeavour to make you an offer within 2-3 business days. Once the offer is accepted, we process payments to your bank account within 5 business days.
Payments for successful claims will be made in Euro (EUR).